Infra Pipe is currently seeking talented and qualified candidates, to work as Process Operators/Technicians in our Huntsville, ON Production Department (full time). Must be willing to work 12-hour continental shifts. The primary responsibility is to operate and monitor production lines, obtaining target production yield. This is a great opportunity to gain knowledge of the HDPE industry for career growth with the company.
• Post-secondary diploma or trade certificate required,
• Experience in plastic extrusion, thermoforming or injection moulding preferred,
• Direct experience with various production and set up tools,
• Minimum 3 years previous “hands-on” experience working as a machine operator/technician, preferably in a plastics environment,
• Be flexible to work 12-hour continental shifts as required, rotating through days and nights,
• Excellent computer skills and sound knowledge of MS Office. Experience utilizing a fully integrated ERP system an asset.
MAIN TASKS ARE:
• Take a leading role in the start-up of all specific product lines and subsequently manage all aspects of the production process from raw materials to packaging finished parts,
• Actively participate in all Health & Safety training and promote a safe work environment;
• Controlling the production process by inspecting, counting/measuring quantities /lengths and checking product and machine conditions accurately ensuring adherence to standards including use of measurement equipment,
• Troubleshoot production line, analyze machine and process problems, identify issues and implement solutions in a timely manner minimizing downtime and scrap,
• Demonstrate a passion for teamwork and learning in all interactions with other employees; assist in training others,
• Participate in all 5-S and Lean Manufacturing initiatives, as promoted by Infra Pipe,
• Conduct all work according to established Infra Pipe procedures, policies and standards.
• Competitive salary, relevant experience taken into consideration;
• Strong health & safety programs;
• Generous company-paid health & dental benefits, including a healthcare spending account;
• Annual fitness allowance;
• Generous company pension match up to 5% of salary;
• Ongoing training and support;
• Opportunities for career advancement.