Infra Pipe Solutions has over 60 years of experience specializing in the design, manufacture, and custom fabrication of engineered polyethylene systems for water, wastewater, and storm water management applications. Infra Pipe offers its clients full service engineering support in the design and manufacture of custom systems to meet their project’s specific requirements.
We are currently seeking a Production Supervisor to lead, manage and direct all aspects of the Production department in our Saskatoon, Saskatchewan location. The successful candidate will report directly to our Operations Manager, and will be responsible for leading, managing and directing all aspects of the Production and Material Handling Departments. This position is also required to participate as a member of the plant management team, in the planning and implementation of plant goals and objectives.
• 5-8 years previous related experience in manufacturing management, or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of the position. Previous supervisory or management experience required,
• Post secondary degree or diploma required,
• Exposure to manufacturing facilities safety and quality programs,
• Previous experience in 5-S and Lean Manufacturing is preferred,
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills enabling multi-tasking, prioritizing work and exercising initiative to ensure an efficient and quality level of service,
• Attention to detail and accuracy,
• Project management certification (CAPM, PMP) is considered an asset,
• Able to develop strong and effective working relationships at all levels of the organization,
• Excellent computer skills and sound knowledge of MS Office. Experience utilizing a fully integrated ERP system an asset.
• Manage all Production and Material Handling department employees activities, including hiring, wage and performance reviews, and discipline,
• Ensure all raw materials are managed so as to meet production back log, budgeted volume and sales forecast,
• Ensure the safe, efficient, cost effective and regulatory compliant execution of all required production activities, both in the production and material handling departments,
• Actively participate in the review of customer order acknowledgements to determine order requirements are received, understood and can be met. Close communication with Sales regarding changes, deviations and exceptions to the production schedule
• Apply sound Project Management Methodology to ensure projects are managed effectively (eg managing scope, time, cost, performance, human resources, contracts, materials, risks and quality),
• Participate in normal issue resolutions with clients and customers, by recommending solutions to any problems that might be encountered,
• Ensure training of all Production and Material Handling staff to meet Infra Pipe procedures, policies and standards. Provide orientation to all new departmental staff.
• Participate in department projects to improve efficiency of tasks;
• Provide leadership to our Safety Committee in an effort to coach Safety as a way of life and ensuring that safety is the top consideration to all other activities. Actively participate in all Health & Safety training and promote a safe work environment. Will be required to perform workplace inspections, incident investigations, safety communication, correcting substandard acts or conditions, offer recognition for safe performance,
• Conduct all work according to established procedures, policies and standards;
• Competitive salary, relevant experience taken into consideration;
• Strong health & safety programs;
• Generous company-paid health & dental benefits, including a healthcare spending account;
• Annual fitness allowance;
• Generous company pension match up to 5% of salary;
• Ongoing training and support;
• Opportunities for career advancement.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resumes by email to Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by confidential fax to 905-858-0208.
Infra Pipe Solutions is committed to equal opportunity employment
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries please.
Infra Pipe does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes.