Culvert Reline with Weholite®.
Culvert reline is made easy when using Weholite. Offered in sizes up to 132" ID, no host culvert is too big or too challenging. Manufactured to ASTM F894, from advanced, high density polyethylene resin, Weholite will not corrode, rust or tuberculate, providing exceptional performance over its 100-year design life. Pipe joining is made easy with Weholite threaded joints for sand-tight connections or water-tight using extrusion welding. For environmentally sensitive areas, Weholite can be fabricated with fish baffles, passages or flow attenuators. Selected and approved by DOT's, municipalities, cities and railroads, Weholite, "Slip Into a Culvert Solution"
Weholite Culvert Benefits;
- Slip-lining minimises traffic disruptions/stoppages
- Road salts, de-icing fluids and other chemicals will not cause corrosion or degradation
- Structural strength allows for installs under heavy traffic loads
- Abrasion resistant ideal under railway tracks prone to vibration
- Flexibility and joint integrity solves challenging installs within dynamic soils or seismic regions
Weholite Joining; Threaded or Fused
- Threaded Joints:The unique 'threaded joint' enables the installation of Weholite pipe without the use of any special tools. This joining system provides for sand-tight connections which are made quickly in the field. Threaded joints will not separate and are fully restrained allowing for the pipe to be pushed or pulled into place.
- Extrusion Welded Joints: Extrusion welding is an appropriate joining method for both round and ovalized pipe.
|Manufacturing Standards||ASTM F894|
|Pipe Size||18" to 132"|
|Pipe Ring Stiffness||Up to 400|
|Pipe Length||up to 50 ft (1)|
|Pressure Rating||up to 30 psi (2)|
|Pipe Connection||Threaded, Welded (3)|
|Flexural Modulus (psi)||80,000 - 110,00 psi (4)|
|Tensile Strengths (psi)||3,000 - 5,000 psi (4)|
|Friction Factor; Hazen-Williams/ Manning||150-155 / 0.01|