Infra Pipe Solutions has over 60 years of experience specializing in the design, manufacture, and custom fabrication of engineered polyethylene systems for water, wastewater, and storm water management applications. Infra Pipe offers its clients full service engineering support in the design and manufacture of custom systems to meet their project’s specific requirements.
Infra Pipe is currently seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Supervisor to work out of our Saskatoon, Saskatchewan manufacturing location. This role will be responsible for supervising the inspection, testing and monitoring all incoming raw materials, production/QA processes, finished goods, and Quality System to ensure compliance to jurisdictional, customer and company quality standards.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a related field;
- 5 – 8 years previous related experience in a manufacturing environment or an equivalent combination of experience (manufacturing and Quality), education and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of the position;
- Previous supervisory or management experience required;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills enabling multi-tasking, prioritizing work and exercising initiative to ensure an efficient and quality level of service and continuous improvement;
- Attention to detail and accuracy; analytical and data driven;
- Working knowledge in basic Quality Tools, MSA, SPC, Problem Solving techniques, Lean manufacturing techniques;
- Working knowledge with various applicable Industry Standards;
- Working knowledge and training in ISO 9001:2015 Internal Auditing;
- Able to develop strong and effective working relationships at all levels of the organization;
- Excellent computer skills and sound knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point). Experience utilizing a fully integrated ERP system a must.
- Supervise QA staff including hiring, wage and performance reviews, and corrective actions. Direct work to ensure it meets established procedures and standards; Includes all incoming, in-process and finished product inspecting and testing;
- Ensure proper training of staff and orientation of all new departmental staff;
- Maintain the Quality Program directly at the plant level and in cooperation with Senior Management at a company wide level. Responsible for the facilitation of the Annual Quality Management Review along with the QA Manager(s) from all Infra Pipe locations;
- Responsible for leading the efforts to routinely renew our ISO certification and maintain other jurisdictional standards as required (CSA, ASTM, Factory Mutual, NSF, etc.). Conducts ISO 9001:2015 Internal Audits and facilitates other external audits (Customer, regulatory bodies, etc.);
- Review and address all internal QA related incident reports with the Plant Management Team, identify trending and corrective/preventative action requirements;
- Interface with external/internal customers and external suppliers on matters concerning customer complaints. Lead the External/Internal Non-Conformance review process in a timely and effective manner, resolving customer issues with corrective actions that suggest permanent solutions to limit any possibility of reoccurrence; present said solutions to other facilities and management;
- Review applicable Industry Standards and collaborate with Engineering; enforce Standards, ensuring compliance company wide;
- Facilitate Annual submission of samples for product certifications;
- Conducts/facilitates Top 3 Defects meetings, or similar, based on data analysis.
- Manage and maintain gauge and test equipment calibrations/MSA/GRR;
- Conduct process validations/verifications using Statistical techniques;
- Prepare Material Test Reports/Certificates to Customer and monthly QA Reports to management;
- Conduct QA related and continuous improvement training to Operations (Procedures, ISO 9001, BIQC, basic statistical and world class manufacturing techniques;
- Acting as company liaison with regulatory agencies;
- Provide cost effective purchasing of supplies and services for the QA Department;
- Participate in department projects and continuous improvement projects to improve efficiency of tasks and reduce costs;
- Prepares and maintains procedures and instructions and conduct all work according to established procedures, policies and standards;
- Actively participate in all Health & Safety training and promote a safe work environment;
- Other duties/tasks as determined by manager.
- Competitive, comprehensive salary, commensurate with experience;
- Strong safety programs;
- Opportunities for career advancement;
- Generous company paid health & dental benefits;
- Generous company pension match up to 5% of salary;
- Ongoing training and support.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resumes by email to Human Resources (email@example.com)