IT Help Desk Technician (Mississauga, ON)
Infra Pipe Solutions has over 60 years of experience specializing in the design, manufacture, and custom fabrication of engineered polyethylene systems for water, wastewater, and storm water management applications. Infra Pipe offers its clients full-service engineering support in the design and manufacture of custom systems to meet their project’s specific requirements.
Infra Pipe Solutions Ltd. is looking for an experienced Level 1 and 2 Help Desk Technician to work in a small team dedicated to growing, securing, monitoring, managing, and documenting IT infrastructure. The Help Desk Technician is responsible for operational and technical support to computer users with a primary focus on installing, configuring and repairing personal computers, printers and peripheral equipment (RF Scanners, Zebra Printers etc.), assisting with capacity planning for computers and networks, providing support to clients through the Help Desk function and resolving issues ensuring system/data integrity is maintained.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting all information technology issues, including software, hardware, and networking.
- Deploy new hardware and software and perform maintenance on existing equipment.
- Provision, de-provision, access rights for all company resources.
- Assist other Team members with duties as directed by Manager.
- Install and update desktops, laptops, mobile devices, peripherals, networks, and related software.
- Assists end-users in resolving complex technical problems. Resolves and/or escalate highly complex technical problems as appropriate.
- Follows up with end-users to ensure that inquiries are resolved within established SLAs.
- Logs and tracks inquiries using a ticketing system while maintaining history records.
- Document and maintain workflows utilized in successful issue resolution.
- Identifies, evaluates, and prioritizes end-user problems and complaints to ensure that inquiries are successfully resolved.
- Analyze and evaluate inquiry/problem reports and makes recommendations to reduce the need for help desk involvement and end-user effort.
- May provide guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Mainly Tier 1 and Tier 2 Support Level.
- Working with a team, providing support services with a high level of quality.
- Share knowledge with other team members, create & follow SOP’s and update knowledge base.
- Create and maintain documentation of various systems and software programs.
- Maintain and track all company IT assets (New purchases, replacements and repairs)
- Develop and deploy end-user system training programs.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be consistently punctual, dependable and reliable.
- Accepts ownership of the problem until it is resolved.
- Proven work experience as a Desktop Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or similar role.
- Maintains knowledge required to perform the IT Technician position.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work successfully with an integrated support team.
- Work effectively with other members of the organization to troubleshoot issues.
- Participates in developing procedures and suggesting improvements to existing procedures.
- Participates in weekly team meetings.
- Effectively escalates issues with vendors and follows-up to make sure they are taken care of promptly.
- Document all communication in the trouble-ticketing application. Updates all information within the company knowledge base as appropriate
- Working knowledge of office automation products and computer peripherals, like printers and scanners
- Ability to perform remote troubleshooting and provide clear instructions
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Customer-oriented attitude
- Hands-on experience with Windows, iOS, Android
- Knowledge of Virtual Servers
- Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus programs
- Knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems
- 3 to 5 years On-Site Enterprise Desktop Support
- 3 to 5 years supporting Microsoft Windows
- 3 to 5 years of experience supporting Microsoft Office Suite / 365
- 3 to 5 years of experience supporting Spyware and Antivirus software
- 3 to 5 years of experience upgrading and repairing desktop and/or laptop computers
- 3 to 5 years of experience supporting label printers.
- 3 to 5 years of experience supporting android and iOS mobile devices
- 3 to 5 years of experience working in system networking
- 3 to 5 years of experience working with Active Directly (Users / Group) management
- Travel to remote location as required up to 20%
- Ability to occasionally work after hours or weekends.
- Required to provide on-call support.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ethernet (CAT5/6) wire pulling and termination
- Ability to use common tools
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or relevant experience
- A+ certification preferred.
- Competitive wages, relevant experience taken into consideration;
- Strong health & safety programs;
- Generous company paid health & dental benefits, including a healthcare spending account;
- Annual fitness allowance;
- Generous company pension match up to 5% of salary;
- Ongoing training and support;
- Opportunities for career advancement.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resumes by email to Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org)