Shipping Supervisor – (Huntsville, ON)
Infra Pipe Solutions has over 60 years of experience specializing in the design, manufacture, and custom fabrication of engineered polyethylene systems for water, wastewater, and storm water management applications. Infra Pipe offers its clients full service engineering support in the design and manufacture of custom systems to meet their project’s specific requirements.
We are currently seeking a Shipping Supervisor to lead, manage and direct all aspects of the
Shipping department in our Huntsville, Ontario location. The successful candidate will report directly to our Plant Manager, and will be responsible for leading, managing and directing all aspects of the Shipping Department including monitoring and management of finished goods inventory, arranging cost effective and timely transportation of goods. This position is also required to participate as a member of the plant management team, in the planning and implementation of plant goals and objectives.
- 5-8 years previous related experience in manufacturing management, or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of the position. Previous supervisory or management experience required,
- Post secondary degree or diploma required,
- Exposure to manufacturing facilities safety and quality programs,
- Previous experience in 5-S and Lean Manufacturing is preferred,
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills enabling multi-tasking, prioritizing work and exercising initiative to ensure an efficient and quality level of service,
- Attention to detail and accuracy,
- Able to develop strong and effective working relationships at all levels of the organization,
- Excellent computer skills and sound knowledge of MS Office. Experience utilizing a fully integrated ERP system an asset.
- Provide supervision to shipping department, including hiring, wage and performance reviews, discipline. Ensure proper training of staff, including onboarding, orientation, health & safety, department processes. Maintain Shipping department processes and procedures manual,
- Manage and control all activities in the storage yards including finished goods inventory. Monitor inventory to ensure proper storage and movement to offsite storage yards. Maintain accurate inventory control through timely and proper processing of RGA’s, PPR’s and inventory reconciliation counts and checks,
- Take leadership role for annual audited inventory count. Ensure all raw materials are managed so as to meet production back log, budgeted volume and sales forecast,
- Responsible for assigning daily work schedules to the shipping department, ensuring work meets established procedures and guidelines,
- Determine load configurations, provide shipping dates and transport information to Sales and/or Customer Service,
- Create, coordinate and maintain customer/product specific shipping schedules,
- Conduct daily review of inventory transactions and reports. Establish practices and procedures, utilizing scan guns, barcode labels and other relevant computer hardware and software. Lead annual audited inventory count. Manages packing supplies, price quotes and vendor selection as it pertains to the shipping department and related activities,
- Actively support LEAN and 5-S initiatives, encouraging participation from Shipping department,
- Provide leadership to our Safety Committee in an effort to coach Safety as a way of life and ensuring that safety is the top consideration to all other activities. Actively participate in all Health & Safety training and promote a safe work environment. Will be required to perform workplace inspections, incident investigations, safety communication, correcting substandard acts or conditions, offer recognition for safe performance,
- Conduct all work according to established procedures, policies and standards.
- Competitive, comprehensive wages, commensurate with experience,
- Strong safety programs,
- Opportunities for career advancement,
- Generous company paid health & dental benefits,
- Generous company pension match up to 5% of salary,
- Ongoing training and support.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resumes by email to Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org)